Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Whom Shall I Serve?

This week began with this question. Every Monday, the interns and Cori sit down to make goals for the week: personal, emotional, relational, professional, etc. This was my question: For the remainder of the week and the summer who am I serving and for what reason? If I am serving for myself or for some sense of satisfaction at the end of all this, well, let's just say I will be eternally disappointing. It comes back to a form of "being" again. I must sit still and ask this week who would you like me to serve and hopefully hear a resounding why!

Sickness is going around the house and the Well. There are a crazy number of accidents and sickness and emotional trauma all over this ministry. Please pray that Satan has no more affect on this ministry in this way. We need protection here--every type.

I will be going to a Hillsong United concert tomorrow night! I am so excited seeing as this is the first one I will ever have attended. They are a huge worship band known worldwide, if you haven't heard of them.

I became a photographer last week, officially. haha. I took some jewelry shots and I am having them printed and mounted for our inventory files. It is the first real agency I feel like I have had here thus far.

Sorry to say we put the puppies back with their mother. We realized as a house that it was too early for them to be taken away and we really would not have the resources to clean them and feed them and maintain holistic...haha...care. So, they are back with their mom in their puppy slum. Sad, but at least they have parents!

I don't believe I have updated about my church situation in a while. I have actually moved churches. I now attend LifeCenter Church. It is seriously amazing! It is super young seeing as the founders have only been here four years. The founders are a Swedish couple with four kids and an incredible heart for the poor. They believe in the Holy Spirit and his moving hardcore. Worship is conducted by about 8 early 20s Thai students that speak pretty good English and I cannot desribe the decidbel volume of this worship. It is legit a rock concert! I am jumping up and down by the end. They are about to launch their church publicly in different part of the city and have thier own building--now we meet in this stinkin cute cafe. The Hillsong concert will act as their publicity and we will be handing out a launch flyer. Please keep this community of believers in your prayers. For an increased number of attendees and a real impact in the needy community of Bangkok. These guys want to see people come for real! Anyways, I absolutely love it. The people are so nice and the service takes place in both Thai and English which is awesome. Then, to top off the greatness, we have Thai dessert and snacks with tea lattes afterward provided by the staff! WOW!

K let me know if you would like to hear anything specific about life here! I am lovin it...

No comments:

Post a Comment