Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Like An Avalanche

So I'm listening to this song while I am writing this...
It was introduced in worship this morning and I think it's appropriate for life's happenings in the past couple days. I'd ask that you listen to it, too. At least while you read--it's a good one.

So the past few days have been wonderful--being at the beach and all. However, coming back to Bangkok and the reality of the spiritual warfare that exists in the city and at the Well was literally overwhelming today. The Well is not just a business--but a family and a family that looks out for one another when all hell breaks loose. Hell broke loose this morning and for the first time, I was involved with casting out demons from a woman here. It was the most powerful spiritual thing I have ever experienced in my life. The name of Jesus was power. The name of Jesus is power. I can't remember everything I prayed over the hour and a half--but the name of Jesus. Saying his name over and over and over until I was overwhelming--like an avalanche with his mercy and power, not only for this woman but for myself. This was the experience that some of us have been praying for here at the Well--something to push us to the edge of our seats and off our chairs. Something to break the strong holds Satan has on the lives of these women and us as staff. I want to put the staff out there most of all--me included. We all need the living water to rush through our bodies as the Spirit did this morning during worship time. Again, never before have I seen the Spirit so real and demons so real in comparison. It shook me and the face of the woman overtaken with grief but also praising my Lord is something I will never forget. Praise be to the LORD God Almighty for saving this woman through his power!

In addition--you can push repeat on that song if you need to--I should update you on the work that I have been doing at the Well. I have been Judy's--the business manager/clerk/jewelry inspector/Well mom/mom to 7 kids/cutest dresser ever/many more descriptors--assistant for these 6 weeks. I do whatever she says and may I say I have enjoyed it wholeheartedly. I have run errands, taken photographs, taken inventory, updated ledgers, copied sale tags, researched microfinance techniques, hung out with the women on the jewelry and metalworking floors, and much more to come. I am also working with the kiddos you have seen pictured in a previous blog from 8-11:15 MWF. On T/Th I am an English teacher extraordinaire. In English class today, we began by learning This Is Our God by Hillsong United, Tell Me The Meaning of Being Lonely by the Backstreet Boys, and Way Back Into Love by Hugh Grant and Haley Bennett. classy, I know. We then played Hang Man and Head-Up 7 Up...which is becoming a class favorite and they are getting so good! The best boss ever-Judy- is leaving in a few days and it will be a sad occasion but I will get to visit with her in the States because her family lives near Wheaton.

Please pray for the Holy Spirit to continue bringing power and strength and confidence into the Well. Also, for outreach tonight that God could provide my friends some comfort and light in their lives.

Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment