Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Business and Panda Bears

Update from the week, please? ok ok.

No, I did not get to see a panda bear. I only wish! However, I have watched a video that displayed panda bears walking through a grassy field. That sounds dumb Summer...on the contrary it was awesome. Why? Because an adorable Thai 1-year-old was sitting in my lap at the same time! Yes, I have been working in the Kids Center this week and I have been reminded how much works babies 1-year-olds can be! I have been taking care of three boys and they are so precious. We have played with toys, read books, ate weird corn snacks, killed ginormous spiders, and of course watched panda bears on the TV. So, scratch everything you thought I was doing here...the new and probably not final plan is to watch kids every Monday, Wed, Fri mornings and then help out with Business Admin in the afternoons--in addition, Kindra, Kirsten, and I will be teaching English three times a week.

Outreach is still happening, too! We went last night to Soi Cowboy again. I got to reconnect with three girls that I have started a friendship with. The Holy Spirit completely kept me free from attacks from the Enemy and I was able to laugh and just catch up from the week with these girls. Two of them may even come learn English from us in the coming weeks and one might also come cook lunch with us on Sunday! I am sooooo thrilled. They are one of the best parts of my week now.

Please pray for these three girls. They are struggling with the bar regulations and the amount of freedom that they lack. They work at the most strict bar in Soi Cowboy and although they get the most dividends, there is much they give up as well.

I would also like to say a special thank you to all who are supporting me spiritually, emotionally, and financially. I have not been able to get to a post office to send "thank you"s--but please expect official "thank you"s upon my return. I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment