Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Tidbits

In the past week I have...

Said goodbye to Frida.
  • Ate Banoffee pie.
  • Hugs and more hugs.
  • Joked about getting a tattoo. It seems like the thing to do when abroad.
Said goodbye to Katina/Curtis.
  • "Watched" some movies.
  • Be warned that Katina would talk at meals about things you should not talk about at meals. Heard Katina talk about such things.
  • Hugs and more hugs.
  • Contemplated visiting them and working in their cafĂ©.
Went to All Nations International Church at the Hilton Hua Hin.
  • WHATTTT!!???
  • God is so good and this was a full confirmation of why I moved here and why I love the global church.
  • Connected with multiple people at the church and am hoping to get connected in outreach ministry.
  • Was encouraged to begin programs at the Juniper Tree such as worship night/parent night out/jazzercise class. More to come...
Been sick with a cold/allergies.
  • Spent over a day in my room resting/sleeping.
  • Got cabin-fever to the extreme.
  • Went on a walk down the beach for an hour to relieve cabin fever and ended up playing with an enormous dead jellyfish. It was awesome.
  • Drank over 6 liters of water. Mr. Langenbahn's theory on headaches proved to be wrong in this case.
  • Almost finished "Love Does" by Bob Goff and highly recommend. If I could write a book, it would be just like this one.
  • Had a breakdown and a buildup. God's love for me is amazing and I have begun to realize the isolation of this season to be a beautiful opportunity to become more intimate with God than I ever have been.

I'm pretty sure I had some good belly laughs and some cries this week. Thanks be to God for sustaining and healing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment