Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My Eat, Pray, Love Moment

Yesterday during my afternoon break I took a rickety, old beach cruiser down the beach about 5 km where our road turns off and heads into civilization. It was the perfect day; sun was beaming. There was not a cloud to be seen. The waves were crashing; the islands were boasting their green growth. I wore a large white sun hat with a ribbon tied around it, had my sunnies on and not a care in the world. Passing shops and shopowners sitting out chatting, I waved to them and smiled. These are the people I will get to know, become a frequent customer to, and maybe even a friend to some.

About halfway down the road, it happened--my Eat, Pray, Love moment. Ok, now, if you know the book/movie Eat, Pray, Love (one of my favorites), you might be thinking, SHE GOT KNOCKED OFF HER BIKE BY A HUNKY BRAZILIAN???? False. However, Julia Roberts has this moment many times in Bali, riding down a small road, smiling and waving to people, and it hit me. I am having that moment of utter bliss, living in paradise, and listening to what God has for me here and for my future. It was a beautiful moment and my heart was so full. It also made me really want to watch that movie.

I pretty sure her character also has crazy bruises from riding her bike/falling and I must empathize with this as well. I really should be more outdoorsy.

No comments:

Post a Comment